The 2013 Season
12 Games played; 11 Won, 1 Draw, 0 Lost
First Place, NPSL Midwest Great Lakes Division
2013 Rust Belt Derby Winner
I am writing this a couple weeks after the 2015 season has come to a close. And though each season has progressively become more fun and exciting, the 2013 season was the most memorable. This season kicked the team and NGS into second gear, taking it to the next level of legendary status.
Le Rouge went the season undefeated, capturing first place in the Great Lakes Division, which allowed them to host the playoffs.
It provided for the arrival of a local team that tried to capitalize on the rabid supporter base of DCFC, and failed, becoming known as Sharta – the disease.
It had the classic match played in a downpour.
It saw our first wedding on the pitch!
It solidified the disdain of our first real nemesis.
We had our first special jersey auction to raise funds for charity.
It had it’s surprising special moment when Le Rouge players entered the Supporters’ Section at the conclusion of their last regular season home match.
And then there was the night were it all got a little weird.
It was the season that increased regular season attendance to 1,484 per match, with an additional 2,600 attending the Great Lakes Division semi-final match on July 13th.
And this was the season I became a season ticket holder, my allegiance sworn to this team now.
The 2013 matches are as follows:
- May 12, 2013: at FC Sparta Michigan.
- May 17, 2013: AFC Cleveland.
- May 25, 2013: Zanesville Athletic FC.
- May 31, 2013: FC Sparta Michigan.
- June 9, 2013: Erie Admirals.
- June 14, 2013: Zanesville Athletic FC.
- June 18, 2013: Columbus Crew Super 20s (friendly).
- June 23, 2013: FC Buffalo.
- July 13, 2013: AFC Cleveland (Great Lakes Division Semi-Final).
- July 14, 2013: Erie Admirals (Great Lakes Division Final).
- July 17, 2013: Windsor Stars (friendly).